Why choose EPAX® quality?
- A brand which is a member of GOED (Global Organization for EPA and DHA omega-3) which represents the global industry in omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. It is the benchmark in terms of quality standards. Imposes requirements for fishing methods, the fish used and the purity of the oils, etc.
- Oils from wild fish caught by sustainable fishing methods that comply with the standards.
- Guarantees oils free of antibiotics.
- Oils from small fish at the start of the food chain, less contaminated by heavy metals.
- High-purity oils because very strict standards have been set up: -54% of pollutants and -95% cadmium and mercury compared to the standards imposed by the GOED.
A cold extraction procedure for natural oils
The process of mechanical extraction used for EPAX® oils, cold extraction without solvent, is applied to obtain a natural non-refined fish oil.
- Cold extraction does not denature fatty acids.
Heat tends to modify the structure of fatty acids, rendering them inactive or even harmful.
- Mechanical procedures, no chemical solvent used.
No chemical residues in the finished product.
- Production process guaranteed to involve no esterification of the fatty acids.
Esterification is a chemical process which aims to dissociate the fatty acids that occur naturally in the oil in the form of triglycerides. Linked with an alcohol molecule, fatty acids, transformed into ethyl esters, are then sorted, selected and put back together to form new combinations of triglycerides with different properties.
- Systematic elimination of dioxygen (less than 1% of oxygen residues in the critical production steps) to keep a high-quality oil while limiting oxidation to the fullest extent.
The presence of oxygen can be the source of oxidation (oxidative stress) altering the fatty acids and leading to rancidity in the oils.